Saturday, May 25, 2013

Goodbye class photo: Y12-D1303P

I haven't done a goodbye class photo in a long time, but with this recent class that ended, I knew I had to take a memory shot, because they were one of my favorite classes. I had already taught most of these students before in the past, and it turned out that I had also taken a goodbye class photo of them here, almost a year ago! I guess this is testimony to how much I enjoy this bunch!

Among the memories is the time we played a concurrent class-long game during April Fool's day, involving being on the lookout for the thumb-master throughout the class. The thumb-master is a chosen individual who, once discretely putting his/her thumb flat down on the desk, everybody must emulate by putting their thumb down too. The last person who notices and does it has to suffer the consequence, which is made up by the thumb-master every round. It was great fun, but of course it made everybody paranoid for the whole class and instead of fully focusing on their lessons, the students would be constantly peering at the current thumb-master's thumb. One of the consequences was that the loser would have to become our waterboy for the next week's class. Here is a video of the victim of this consequence!




Amongst the students who stood out, we have the comical Khoi who never ceases with his wit and sarcasm, the sweet-hearted Phuong who always jumps to his feet and tells me "Don't worry teacher, I got it!" everytime I drop something on the floor, and the good-humored Huy with his timeless laughter. Of course all students have their own unique charm, such as the always-smiley Dang, the two girls of the class Duong and Binh, quiet and reserved but extremely bright, the equally quiet Dat, who always pushes himself to break his shyness when speaking up, Hoan, gentle with great insights when he speaks up, and Duy whose confidence in games is matched by his unique talent with acquiring new English vocabulary.

A bracelet gift from Duong on our last day of class! How sweet!
What the class did one day during breaktime when I was out of the class. I had to admit that it was quite impressive! But the whole class cringed when I had to erase it all so that we could use the board...

No comments:

Post a Comment