Saturday, April 7, 2012

My story

Hello! My name is Sofia Ngo-Trong, and I was born in Montreal, Canada. I grew up and went to university in Toronto, and after working for an insurance company for 1.5 years, I took the bold first step concretizing a life-long dream ... I moved abroad to my parents' motherland, Vietnam, to the crazy hectic city best known as Saigon. This is a blog of random tidbits of my life in a part of the world that is so drastically different than anything I'd been used to in my old life.



From Toronto...


My lovely mother and sisters...


To crazy Saigon...

3 comments:

  1. Cool intro and comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you've given up temporarily your comfortable life in Canada in your quest for your roots.

    Looking forward to "hearing" from you more about life in Vietnam from a Vietnamese Canadian's perspectives. A lot to cover when bridging the past, i.e. your parents' hardship while living under communists' rule, to the present, and aspirations o the future (3/4 o the population were born after Saigon fell to the communists).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nam,

    Thank you for your lovely comment and for reading my blog :).

    Yes, you are right, there is a huge difference of mentality between the Vietnamese from my parents' generation and the young generation today! I am particularly pleased and impressed with the solidarity and the optimism of today's Vietnam :)


    Sofia

    ReplyDelete