Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sunlight showers

The other day, the rain was very beautiful. I was eating in a restaurant and suddenly the sound of rain smashing on the streets took over. I looked out the window and saw water streams dashing through a big canvas of bright light. It was raining, but it was very sunny.

The sunlight lasted a while. I went home and it was still lit outside. I wanted to change into swimwear and just run around in the rain. Of course, I didn't.

There's something about rain in daylight that makes you happy. It makes life look beautiful. I do not know why. Perhaps the contrast of rain and sun, or dark times and bright times, blended together.

A reminder that life is composed of the two, but when you put the two together you realize life is still more beautiful on the whole.

I tried to capture the sunlit showers on camera, but near the end it started getting more cloudy. Nevertheless, there's still always something soothing about hearing rainshowers.





No comments:

Post a Comment